Challenges are many. Energy to deal with everything at once is running on fumes. Those around me are also running low because they have taken on more for me. The days come and go too fast. They are filled with work, travel, doctors and chores. The time to enjoy life is limited. But the spirit is good and therefore will overcome this lack of energy.
I actually started photographing again yesterday. I wrote a while and thought of some new ideas for carving projects. Got a list of new bits needed for the stone carving. But most of all I feel excited again about creating and moving ahead with this blog and many other projects. I’ve got a few more weeks of tough sledding ahead but I see a finish line. And like the birds above I have a destination, a goal and I break it down into each days task and lo and behold, its doable.
But right now I feel like this leaf that appeared on my deck this past weekend. Every other leave has been dead for weeks, most are mulch already and this guy must have just fallen off the tree recently. It reminded me to be strong as long as you can. It looks like how I feel. The outward body is whole, I’m still soaking up the sun each day. The central heart and circulation system is good. But the edges are starting to bend and fray.
Random Thoughts for Wednesday December 9th 2015
- I’m still amazed at what people will do and think they are successful.
- When your sick you can learn a lot about yourself.
- Work at something where your feel your worth is appreciated.
- I like the environment at teaching hospitals.
- One feels as well as the mind will let it.
- I missed posting on December 7th. That will always be an important day to me because of my families involvement in that era and war. My father and uncle were in the Navy. Uncle Frank was on the West Virginia at Pearl Harbor and uncle Bob flew B-17s over Europe. Dad was on a destroyer in the Pacific. I thank them and other service members for the freedoms you have provided me an my family.
- My goal of working on this blog each day is done but posting something each day is far from perfect. Once I get a bit of health back, things will change for the better I feel.
- I enjoy driving, but living the Baltimore/Washington area has taken much of that away unless its 4am Sunday morning. You can really discover some of the beautiful highways we have at that time and the wonderful engineering if you have a nice vehicle.