Thankful for my wonderful family and friends. Fondly remembering my family and friends no longer with us. Thinking about new and old traditions. Hopeful that families are together. Grateful to those who protect us around the world and locally. Glad to have the opportunity to share my rewards. Wrapping gifts till wee hours of the morning. The house smells with the many foods being prepared. I didn’t get a chance to shop like I normally do, but I still did fairly well. I should get to church but not sure I will.
I started off this season saying happy holidays, seasons greetings. You know, non descriptive bull. The last few days though I’ve switched to Merry Christmas. That is what I celebrate. I have no problem with someone saying back to me “and a happy Hanukkah or happy Kwanzaa or anything that they celebrate. I’m glad people celebrate any holiday that is important to them and I respect that and the name of that holiday.
So if anyone has a problem with me expressing a specific greeting about a coming holiday, get a life.
Random Thoughts for Thursday December 24th 2015
- Can you believe the Redskins could win the division?
- Wow, I will always miss my Moms hug on Christmas.
- I think this movie on NFL and concussions is going to have a profound effect on the game.
- I found more people in good spirits out this year. I also saw more sharing than previous holidays. Maybe I was just lucky.
- Those who wish for snow should look at pictures they took over the last decade of all the big snows we had and shoveling we did and thank mother nature for the break.
- Goals for Friday – Shoot some photos of family Christmas time. Eat well, watch basketball and share time with family and friends. And hopefully a nap or two in between activities.
- Merry Christmas everyone.