Wish I could just go grab a board like this guy and relax. And I wish it were summer instead of the second day of winter. Well I don’t surf, but relax I can do in a number of ways. After this Friday and the festivities have passed, I’m going to take everyone’s advice and relax, slow down and sleep right, while I’m on vacation.
But you know what I see when I think about resting? Yep, that I’m wasting precious time that I can’t get back. And believe me, all time is precious if you think about it correctly. And sleeping or resting while awake is very alien to me now and has been for some time. I’ve never kept that proper balance of work and rest and that may be partially the reason I have some health issues.
Working night shifts, working swing shifts and multiple shifts or even day shifts with killer overtime hours has been my way of life for decades. I’m proud of my work ethic but the price could be high. So that is something that deserves some more thought because wisdom is important to pass on to ones children. It’s a good question to ask and think about. What do you put into work to provide the best for your family at what cost to yourself down the road? For if you swim with the big boys, you might get bit.
Random Thoughts for Wednesday December 23rd 2015
- If you want to be amazed, get in your car and try to go someplace today and tomorrow.
- My Mother in-law had an accident recently. It made me aware also that when I say a prayer for a parent, it takes my full attention and thought, as well as an extra moment of reflection. Because we all are in most cases a fair reflection of our parents.
- I’m going to take part of next weeks vacation to plan out all the wonderful things and places that I want to see and do with my better half for the coming year. And yes I’m going to add movies to the list. I never take her and she loves going to them. So I work to change that.
- I like space heaters. Especially when they aren’t needed in the middle of winter. Gracias El Nino. Hope I don’t regret that sarcasm.
- Objectives for Thursday, finish shopping, see someone important in the hospital, wrap gifts. Sleep
December 28, 2015 at 6:23 AM
Your mention of night shifts and swing shifts brought back memories of my work years ago. I survived it knowing that it was only temporary. The demands of that work schedule are not worth the toll they take on our lives. Hope retirement gives you a life that is more relaxing. Welcome to blogging.
December 28, 2015 at 6:37 AM
Yes I’m looking forward to retirement someday. The job that pays the bills really gets in the way of my photography and blogging. And I agree they (night/swing shift jobs) are not worth the toll they take.