Well the annual motorcycle show is this weekend at the Maryland State Fairground pavilion. I used to go to those all the time when I rode. I miss riding and that relaxed feeling it gave me. I certainly understand the dangers being I rode for about 3 decades. Of course this time of year riding isn’t that pleasant experience it is during the summer.
Contrast and past. White snow, black leather. Cold temps, hot pipes. Yeah this beast hasn’t run in years. My better half is ready for it to be gone. And it may just depart this year after all. I would rather it be in someone hands being restored or parted out than going to dust in my driveway. And don’t give me crap for it sitting outside. That bike was warm and comfy inside my basement for over 25 years and looked good.
Who knows, maybe I’ll change my mind about a new car.
OK, with the cold temps here and getting worse I steal myself by finding images of warmth to keep my spirits up. Found this old shot of Ocean City along the bay side, I believe near Fager’s Island. Can’t remember, I took the shot so long ago.
Random Thoughts for Wednesday February 10th 2016
- Writing what is on your mind can be dangerous. It’s not like you can say “I never said that.”
- Positive side of being a professional football player. You can retire at 30. Downside, your brain-dead at 40. I do love the game and I hope they find a way to deal with this issue for the players sake.
- Each day is a lesson. You just have to pay attention.
- You know, if I look at my life, I’m a pretty happy camper. It’s nice to feel comfortable in that regard.
- I like the CBS This Morning show and I’ve always love CBS Sunday Morning. Funny I’m not really a morning person either.