A final dusting overnight. At least I hope it’s the final blast of snow for the season. I’m ready for spring myself. But I got out and walked a few spots this morning between 6 and 8am. Was fairly brisk but a beautiful morning it was. Snow has a way of quieting life and letting you reflect with less noise and distraction. Combine that with the sound of running water from a brook and I was very content. Actually stood at a few spots and just listened, forgetting I needed to maximize every free moment to shoot the quickly passing conditions.
Felt good to get out and shoot again. Took a hiatus from it for a few days. Not intentional, just busy with life. But now I’m thinking I want to go out again today and do some more. I know were going for a family walk this weekend and that will be another opportunity for some candid work and maybe some nature depending on the path and park chosen.
It also feels good to get in front of the computer and write share some thoughts again. I was letting life get out of balance again and working on this blog, photographing and creating again keeps that positive balance I need. While I’m still good at the technical work I do and I enjoy learning new things there they just don’t excite me like they used to. It doesn’t stop me from trying my best or applying myself fully, it’s just different at this stage of my life.
Random Thoughts for Friday Morning March 4th 2016
- Minutes without pain are a blessing.
- Had a warm cup of tea and honey this morning. Haven’t done that in decades. Hit the spot after that walk in the cold this morning.
- I thought they were replaying the Republican debate this morning on the TV, but it was just the Maury show.
- I have to get back to helping those in greater need than myself.
- Loved watching the Terps get a victory last night. Wore my new shirt “Made for March” with the big Maryland M under it.
- Started to limit my thoughts about what I could do recently instead of just letting it flow. Good thing to catch.
- Well, tax stuff to complete before any more fun. But as Arnold says “I’ll be back”