I wonder as I learn to write more effectively if I’ll be lucky at it or not in gaining readers? In one way I’ve been very lucky already. My family keeps up with my ramblings already. And sometimes they like it. That is all I really need. Even a few friends follow along I’ve been told. I’ve seen a few likes of my work here and some nice comments but if I were to guess I think most of that is based on the photography.
I’d like to get a balance in words, thoughts and stories that would be as powerful as the pictures. Not that they (the pictures) are anything to write home about yet, but I continue to practice and learn. But the trick is to take this jumbled mind, some less than perfect English skills, a checkered history and life experiences and try to pass along something humorous, insightful or touching from time to time.
Doing that in the kind of piecemeal way I’ve been going at it certainly doesn’t allow much development of thought on a topic. So I went looking at ideal word count for blogs. Wow what a jumbled mess of information. As I was reading through the endless pages of statistics and charts and marketing info and research analysis it dawned on me the perfect length is the one that keeps the reader part of it and enjoying it to the end.
Which brought me back to the old adage we have in the Publishing industry. Content is KING.
In some ways I guess it could be a huge waste of time. For speaking with people is far more preferable, especially those close to me. But with everyone so busy this is a good alternative for those rambling thoughts of mine that just scream to get out of me each day. Because we all know old guys like me can’t remember those thoughts when we don’t express them. And I have a lot of things I’d like to expand upon before my days are numbered.
So my apologies to you all for the time being, as I hopefully grow in my writing skills and that my topics become entertaining or enlightening.
Random thoughts for Monday March 7th 2016
- Funny how some people have to do things to make them feel superior to others. Trouble is we see you trying to hard to do this and you still can’t, which I think is very funny.
- I wonder why they call them Pot Holes? I don’t see them filling them with it?
- Time to look for a new car. Both exciting and a pain in the behind.
- Now that I’m sleeping better I like it. Now is the challenge not to overdo it.
- My thoughts are a week ahead at this point. For either I’m going to be in good spirits next Monday or I’m going to take a short break.