Where do the weekends go? The eternal question of us all. Usually its a snap of the fingers. Hell with the time change I didn’t even get a chance to get my fingers together to snap them. Plus this sleeping a normal amount is really cutting into my free time. And by normal I mean an hour or two less than is recommended. You see I’m working into this sleep thing slowly. Don’t want to shock the system.
Don’t take the minutes or hours for granted is my thought today. My daughter took the time out of her very busy schedule to call me Friday night. The conversation was easy and just the sound of her voice calmed me. Saturday I got to spend a few hours with my son and his fiance. We were looking for rehearsal dinner spots. Again, a wonderful recharge for my mental outlook.
And this weekend was the first my better half and I had together for the most part in a long while. I can’t get over her love for me. So I guess the old adage of “Time Fly’s when you’re having FUN” is certainly true.
I promise to only shoot and display new images this week.
Random Thoughts for Sunday March 13th 2016
- I take great joy in storing the snow shovels away in the shed each spring. Trouble is there is a rake and mower awaiting me.
- Just took the hammock frame out of the shed. I can almost feel the warm nap in it I’m going to take when the 80’s and 90’s return.
- Saw a statistic that 60% of all gun deaths in the US are suicide. Wonder how many people they took with them though?
- If you find a gift your wife likes, and you can repeat it without her getting upset, by all means do it.
- As you grow older you will realize there are some doors you would rather not pass through. And below are a pair that leap to mind. Not because of the people, they were great.