I love the smell of Sunday mornings. Mostly because its one of the few days I will fry up some bacon. Or more common my better half will make me some with all the other breakfast fixings. But BACON is the key. Yeah sausage is good. Eggs are fine. Pancakes or waffles are a nice treat. Fruit is always a nice start or finish. But bacon is my vice and always has been.
So I’ll balance out the picture of this not so healthy treat above with another B&B below. Blueberry’s and Banana’s. Just to prove I have some balance in my life. Not too much but I give it a shot now and then. For eating wise is certainly one of the keys to a healthy and long life.
Our actions are what make us. I was thinking about the act a friend of mine is making this weekend. To be with the mother of his best friend who passed a while back for his birthday. Knowing that would be a hard day for her as I’m sure many that have passed already have been. For losing a child has got to be a pain that never stops.
I salute him and his wife for taking the time for this gesture. It shows the true character of that family and his friendship. Those things show what true friends are about. And I’m honored to count them as my best friends also.
Soon my Son will be married. They make such a wonderful couple and I’m anticipating the day with great joy. Now that my children are in their mid-late 20’s I look back and wonder if the next phase of my life will go so quickly. The first two phases of my life BC and AC (before and after children) seem to have flown by. They say time does that if you’re having a good time.
And I have to say the good times far outweigh the bad ones. So that must be the ticket to a happy life. I could have had a lot more good times if I was handling my life correctly, focusing on the right things more and taking care of myself.
And I’m soon to be blessed with another child in addition to my son in-law. Welcome to the family my daughter in-law. My parents would be very proud of all of you kids.
Random Thoughts for Sunday May 15th 2016
- A birthday today of a good friend who passed a bit over 2 years ago. We remember you Captain Dan.
- I’ve got to figure a way to keep my spirits as high as they are on the weekend, during the week.
- Pain is a tough adversary to overcome.
- What is that bright light up in the sky? Is it time to panic?
- Talked to someone who was leaving their job of 20+ years. Dissatisfaction and disgust is what I heard in his voice about it but the unknown and future he seemed very excited about. Must have been a bad situation. Too bad more people can’t leave there jobs/careers with a better feeling.
- Just when I think I’ll run out of things to write about, something else pops in this head. I guess I should apologize to you all for that situation.