Sorry for the absence. Work, health, family and friends kept me from the keyboard for a few days. Work and health weren’t the best but they were offset by some remarkable family and friend time. Thank you guys for keeping me afloat.
I’ve decided to change-up todays post because the other day I got a comment from Karen at Blue Sky Days 365. She had nominated this blog for the Liebster Award. Thank you very much Karen. I was glad to catch the eye of someone doing a positive blog and also a fellow cancer survivor.
I also enjoy looking at your post often. Again my thanks for the recognition. And thank you to anyone who swings by for a few of my photos, thoughts and opinions.
I’m somewhat puzzled by these awards. In some ways they are great to help spread the word and work of bloggers who have impressed you. It also seems to come with a few task, but I’ll go with the positive part of it and participate on this one. Thank you again.
Questions I was asked to answer:
What is your favourite and why?
- My favorite season – Summertime is it by a long shot. I’m comfortable in shorts and flip-flops. Anything more and I feel overdressed.
- My favorite book – That is a tough one. I haven’t read a book in ages but I’m a very avid reader. And I’m guessing technical manuals don’t count. So I’ll go with any children’s book that I used to read to my kids when they were young. Something like Green Eggs and Ham.
- My favorite mode of transport – Used to be my motorcycle. But I haven’t ridden in a decade and my better half insist those days are in the past so I’ll go with my current favorite of my Mazda Miata convertible. I also like riding bikes in Bethany Beach in the offseason.
- My favorite exercise – My friends would probably tell you none. But I love to play basketball and always have. Even at 61 when I walk down the sidewalk dribbling the ball to the hoop I feel like a kid again.
- My favorite movie – That’s an easy one. Animal House makes me laugh and remember days of my youth. Blues Brothers runs a close second
- My favorite relaxation activity – My hammock is nice but writing is fairly relaxing to me. An early Sunday morning drive with the top down maybe. Photography of course.
- My favorite holiday destination – Bethany Beach Del. and Ocean City MD.
- My favorite painting – “A Friend in Need” by Cassius Marcellus Coolidge
- My favorite animal – I’m a cat person but I also love my son’s dog and my best friends dogs.
- My favorite tree or flower – is anyone that is in front of my viewfinder. Actually a Mimosa tree and of course being from Maryland the Black Eyed Susan.
- My favorite cocktail – wow, there is something at one time I would have answered, all of them. And that would have been very truthful. But times change and knowledge is gained. A shot of fine rum maybe.
11 Fun facts about myself – This gets personal doesn’t it. Don’t know if I really have 11 fun things about me.
- I’m in love with my family and friends
- I drink way to much Coke but I love every one of them.
- As a youth I really got into the mooning craze.
- I’m a fairly good shot with a shotgun or pistol, but I don’t kill anything.
- I can play a mean air guitar.
- I love muscle cars and Harley’s. But only owned 3/4 of a muscle car (74 Camaro) and a 1100cc Honda.
- I like to make work fun, but I’m serious about the work I do for the paycheck.
- I love comedy. Wish I could have been one. I do manage to crack up my friends fairly well
- I’d love to be a photographer, writer and artist. But I also like to eat
- I feel blessed and lucky as hell to have survived 2 cancers.
- I’m a basketball junkie. Go Terps
A List of my own questions. Don’t worry, you don’t need to answer these if you don’t want to. I just try to ask them of myself often
- Do you look for the positive in people?
- Do you love your family and friends?
- Do you ask yourself how can you help someone less fortunate and do it?
- Do you forgive those who may do something wrong and help them move on?
- Do you vote?
- Do you love animals?
- Do you easily pass on and share your knowledge/experience with others?
- Do you drive responsibly?
- Do you tell the truth?
- Do you treat people equally?
- Do you know the meaning of life? If so, get back to me please, I want to see if it jives with my thoughts.
My Nominations – feel free to accept or decline. I know you all are probably far busier than I to participate and most likely have won and been nominated for many awards. Your blogs have encouraged and inspired me. Thank you all and many more that I follow and try to keep up with.
Through Open Lens – Lukas Kondraciuk Photography. I love his work and lead joke each post.
Spanishwoods – Really nice images and words.
Mike Powell – really nice nature work and I love the info he shares about his subjects. Thanks for the knowledge.
Ming Thein Photography – All I can say is wow. Some of the most beautiful images I’ve seen. And the knowledge he shares is incredible. A true professional.
Paper and Ink Imaginings – A fellow Howard County blogger whose work I enjoy greatly. Always seems to brighten my day with the spirit and design of her work. Also Kathy has sent a positive comment or like my way when I really needed one. We both go back in this community for a great while and have a love of the area. I’ll be in touch soon about getting some cards.
Mike’s Look at Life – One of the first photo blogs I started to follow. Just enjoy the hell out of his images.
July 28, 2018 at 10:37 AM
Hey, thanks, Mike – both for the nomination & the kind words!