Watched a little too much news today. So I’m going to be relaxed. I’m well informed I believe. I’m taking precautions. I’ve got my better half and we are doing great so far. The workweek is done and now I can get back to some of my own interests while this plays out.
I spoke and saw my best friends tonight in a Zoom meeting. What a great time and experience. Won’t replace the firm handshakes and hugs we exchange but it was great to laugh together again after weeks absence.
So this weekend is about relaxing while being smart. It’s about turning off the worry a bit and appreciating the day and company I do have in my better half. It will be the first grass cutting of the year on Saturday. It will be a time to unwind a bit in the midst of uncertainty. I hope everyone can find the time and patience and way to soothe their minds.
It’s moving to go through old family history, pictures and letters. Especially when your family lived through many difficult days. I have to pause and absorb some new information at times. Partly because my father passed when I was at a very young age. And it was such a difficult thing for the family that we didn’t talk about it till late in life so time was short and her memory wasn’t that clear in her final years.
I got to get back to sorting some more things this weekend. I just found one treasure today though. I thought the days when I had my hair long passed without many or any photos being taken. I just found a few that my mom had apparently snapped and the ponytail is down the back. And good lord, look how I was in shape. Well I’m several weeks now overdue for a haircut. Maybe I’ll go for the long hair and in shape body again. So off to the treadmill after this post.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- For those of us who are fortunate, it’s going to be even more incumbent on us to share our ability to assist others in many ways in the coming future. And that future is coming like a freight train out of control.
- Soup and sandwich tonight reminded me of the old days.
- I think I’ll take a ride before daybreak when its real quiet out and snap a few frames.
- I need to get a desktop scanner.
- I feel the need to print. And I just got a fresh supply of ink and paper so off I go.
- Safe wishes for all.