I’m blessed to be in a shelter in place mode with my better half. But we have a life of contrast now. Before this, we were both working. Now we are down to just me working (from home thankfully). While she loses track of what day it is I know exactly what day it is. Sometimes I pretend not to but I do.
I envy that because when on vacation I experience that loss of what time of day it is. And it’s great. I think that is why I look forward to retirement so much. Getting lost in time can be a wonderful thing. It reminds me of my youth.
In some ways, I’m very thankful for the schedule. The routine, the discipline, and goals. But I’m thinking I need to do a better job and be more prepared for when the day retirement comes because I want to stay busy. I want to accomplish things. I want to be motivated and challenged. Yes, I want to do that and also relax but I believe I can accomplish both those goals.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Grilling out makes me feel good. Bring on summer.
- Aches and pains mean I need to get into better shape. So off we go.
- Arlington National Cemetery was a very quiet and beautiful place this morning.
- I’m so thankful for my children.
- I can’t understand why more people aren’t up in arms about the number of people dying and doing something about it instead of just blaming China. There will be enough time for that after but I think there is a more pressing problem going on.