I define summer as June through September. So being the last day of July I have reached the midpoint of my favorite season. I’ve used a little vacation and I have a little more to use this Aug/Sept. Both excitement and anticipation lie ahead for the remainder of the season. But I seemed to have blinked and the first two months were gone.
Seems to always work that way for summer, while winter will drag out with each week feeling like a month. So I better get busy soaking up the warm rays and tooling around with the top down. Maybe another day trip or two around the state.
It’s kind of a weird year but were all learning to adapt. Spent some time today being tested for the first time for the virus. We want to make sure we haven’t picked up anything before we bring my mother-in-law back for several weeks.
An interesting test, feels like a brain swab. I was encouraged when the guy says you got the look, you got it right. I guess the look is when you blink your eyes rapidly and shake your head a bit after pulling a tree branch with some cotton on the other end out from your cranium. But of all the medical tests I’ve had that is a piece of cake, even though I may have removed a few brain cells by accident.
I’m going to have to do a mindset reset. I’ve gotten a bit lax and I’m out and about too much. It’s time to start hunkering down at home again and when I do go out be smart about when I do.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Tonight I sleep. Well, that is the intention.
- I like it when the grass is so wet that I’m not even tempted to get the mowers out.
- Not every day is a day at the beach.
- Trends create disturbing graphs.
- I can see by the boardwalk cams that the face-covering requirement is not being taken seriously. I would estimate that the percentage of folks wearing them might have moved to 50%. That is a big jump but not enough folks.