Really excited to get off to a good start in August. And I’m feeling like it’s going to be a good month. Yes, it’s the toughest part of the year to spend time inside at the computer. It used to be at the enlarger and trays. I have to admit it was nice learning the old way of developing film and making prints. Watching masters dodge and burn with their hands or other hand made tools.
Photo editing even when you have minimal tools like myself is still part of a good shot. And it can be time-consuming. Be it a simple crop or radical adjustment. I really should learn more about this part and get some better tools in the future. I used to let excuses like that stop me but no longer. I do what I can with what I have and I love it.
When I get nervous about what to create I don’t. When I have my confidence and just roll with the flow I am so much happier. Yeah it isn’t the best and if I took more time and energy it could be better, but that delay might prevent it from ever taking any shape and being shared.
The question is how to best manage me, and the time I have. There are so many wishes I have for the future. I just need to keep working hard at them each day. But I also need to cut some things out now that are time saps. Things like being smart about the TV. Recording stuff and then FF through commercials cutting viewing time. That works really well in sports like baseball.
I also can reduce my news intake a bit and still be well informed. Just because I work in the industry doesn’t mean I have to OD on it. I’ve got to resume multitasking more. Making use of those few minutes between cooking or just getting moving earlier in the morning.
Regardless I’m getting back to the things I want to do more. I know, less talk, more action. And more pictures.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Started the day in pain, ending the day in pain. But everything in between was fine with me.
- I’m missing smiles and hugs.
- Some people never fail to disappoint. At least they are consistent.
- Seashells give me good feelings.
- Lots of rain coming they say. That always raises a few eyebrows given our water issues here in the best county in the state of MD.
- Hey Jared K., you were right, July just ended and we’re really rocking now. And one day when you ask “why me” the answer will be Karma baby.