I was watching one of the many “In Memorandum” features on the news of all the notable people who have passed this year. It reminds me of how fast life moves past all of us. Many of the names and faces marked special times in history for me. It reminds me to make the best of each day and appreciate those important to me even more. But it also reminds me to work hard on what is important.
Having lost a few close people this year is a more personal reminder. And many more have lost those close to them in unexpected ways and times and they have my sympathies and condolences.
I never did get wrapped up in much of the celebration mode of the New Year. I’ve enjoyed a few blowout parties but not in years, maybe decades. Even though I do understand the marking of time and maybe a renewed start and a reason to let off some steam. And if there were a reason to have a drink, this might be the year. But really we have much work to do in front of us so don’t get too toasted tomorrow night.
Maybe with the parties tapped down this year, fewer people will lose their lives on the road. Maybe you will hug someone a little closer this year. Or maybe postponing a hug. It’s strange times and ones that will change the coming years ahead.
All I know is I’m glad to be alive. I’m glad to have made my way in the world and getting my behind in gear to help others in that regard.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Children have the most innocent laughs. And the most contagious.
- Some people will continue to take advantage of others, no matter how unethical.
- You know how I quantify a successful day now. If I make my grandchild laugh.
- Reading is fun. Learning is really fun.
- Funny how much acting and posturing is going on over what has been decided.
- Tomorrow we get back on track because the job that pays the bills will be behind me for a few days.