A few setbacks on Monday but despite that, I’m picking up where I left off Sunday. In other words, I didn’t put the effort I had hoped for into the day. It’s probably a good thing because my body and mind were sending me urgent rest messages and apparently l wasn’t listening. So just like my cell phone when it runs out of juice, I crashed.
So despite the passing on the calendar of Martin Luther King Day, I tried to learn more of the man. So I read a few hundred of his quotes. And I sit here paused because I feel inspired, relaxed, wiser, and comfortable.
One favorite MLK quote I read was “Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it because those who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.”
So I didn’t do my day of service on Monday but that doesn’t mean I’m blowing it off. I’ll find some way to make a positive difference this coming day.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I’m doing good with my goal of spending less and less time on Facebook.
- I feel the need, the need for pizza.
- I’ve never joined Twitter. Seems like some people just can’t live without it.
- Do random thoughts I started yesterday that I didn’t write down right away, count as valid thoughts of the day today?
- I can’t remember ever looking forward to a shot before now. Not the liquor kind, the medicine kind.