Little things are important. Doing something little or even significant for someone else feels good. I wish I had more time to do for others but the job that pays the bills gets in the way of a lot of it. But I did manage to fit in one thing today that took a few hours but it brought a smile to some faces.
I was wishing my body was feeling better, but all I have to do is think of someone I know going through Chemo to blow any thoughts of discomfort away. I’m trying to wait patiently for my referral to the orthopedic but being it took a week for them to send me one for physical therapy which had just finished with me and they said I need to see the orthopedic doctor because it was most likely a tear and the pain wasn’t going away. Maybe they think it will disappear if they let some time go by? I left a nastygram yesterday wondering if they even listened to the message last week. Such is life. I’ll get seen someday.
We are moving on a couple of big home projects and it feels good. One will give us a lot more space outside in a private area. We are at an age where we might as well make this home what we want and enjoy it now and into the future.
I hope that good feeling I had on Friday and progress made is even better today with a little more fun mixed in. And I think I’ll accomplish that by washing the go-cart -Miata – put the top down and go for a cruise. I believe I have at least a half tank. But first, a workout battling Mother Nature in the yard and trees. Few things shake Mother Nature but mentioning a chain saw gets her attention. I’m busy cleaning up some of her pruning anyways so I thought I’d beat her to the punch with a preemptive strike.
So the mask confusion will continue. I’m guessing some stores and obviously some places (public transport, air travel) will still require them. I worry about our youngest now getting exposed. Those youngsters without a vaccine shot. So many unknowns yet.
All I know is I’m trying to simplify life and enjoy it more. Something like stopping at the snowball stand today. Maybe going for a walk. Just enjoying being outside in nice weather.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I saw a gas line the other day. I thought I was having a flashback for a moment.
- Going to see what a new mattress does for my back. Can’t wait for delivery tomorrow. Kind of ironic though. I work all night on Sunday evening so I won’t get to test it till Monday morning.
- If you take care of a well-built product, they last.
- It’s time to pick up the camera today.
- It’s Preakness day in Maryland. Boy was that a wild celebration many years ago.
- Please remember that many police do many heroic acts every day that many are thankful for.