One of my best friends and I were sitting around talking about the old days of working together and decided that a meeting of people from the old company was needed. So I think we are pursuing a tailgate party in the parking lot of the old building. This could be just a few people showing up to a lot more. I have no idea how many are still in the area. But over a span of several decades, there are a good number of people who worked there.
Right now it’s an empty parking lot and empty building. Hopefully, the local police won’t call SWAT out on us for this unsanctioned event. And right now the idea is in its infant stage but announced so we will see what comes of it. I’ll write more on it as it develops. It has the potential to be something special.
Another working holiday weekend is upon me. Some years our team ends up working 6 out of the 8 company holidays. It sucks and I’ll be glad when I can say no mas. Especially days like today where it is so beautiful outside. But that is the deal I agreed to so I’ll just be glad I’m gainfully employed.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Days spent in service of others are rewarding. Be it family, friends, strangers or country.
- I think I’ll call my sister, been a long time since we talked.
- As I look at the beautiful green canopy of trees out in my back yard, my mind wanders to a few months from now it will be bare again. Each change of season gets a little more significant as you age.
- If you can manage to be happier than the day before your on the right track.
- I always wonder what my kids are up to when I don’t hear from them that day.