I like the musical lead intro to the CBS Sunday Morning show called Abblasen. Just makes me feel good about the day. I have a love-hate relationship with Sundays. From the time I wake to just after I finish one of my better half’s wonderful Sunday dinners, it’s great. Then the job that pays the bills begins.
And while this isn’t the worst thing it begins the difficult transition back to nights. So while the trumpet sounds the start of the race the finish line on Monday morning is always tough to cross.
For the first time in 2 years, my Son and I resumed target practice at a range in Cockeysville. Followed by a nice lunch together at our favorite spot. I didn’t realize how much I missed doing that just him and me.
Pretty soon he will be pretty busy with a Son on the way himself. I know he will still make time for us but we will just have to be flexible. The important thing is to keep some one-on-one activity together going. From a game of pickup basketball to attending a game. Maybe some tennis this summer. Been a long time for the shoulder to swing a racket.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Lets see, Pandemic or World War? Both are painful. I guess someone thought the loss of life wasn’t great enough with the first one.
- I can, well at least I think I can, maybe I can, sure I can, kick that can.
- Good old Maryland. Temps in the upper 70s for two days. Walk outside Tuesday morning and it will be freezing again. If that is the extent of our crazy weather I’ll take it.
- I look at a picture of my wife sitting on a fence on one of our first vacations. Seems like yesterday.
- Mom and Dad are always Mom and Dad even if you can’t call them anymore.