The sun was bright this morning and with that snowy white base on the ground, it’s a day for shades here in Woodstock Maryland. It’s also a time to make good use of opportunities the day presents. So I’ll get back to work on that to-do list of mine. And at the top of that list is a quote I picked up somewhere and thought it was a good daily reminder as I looked at that daunting document some morning. It goes: “Make the rest of your life the best of your life” so I try to remember that and act accordingly.
But the first order of the day was to go clean the snow and ice off the vehicles. A brisk 22 degrees and some mild exercise. I always believe in cleaning a car off well before driving. Could be an interesting day in the state with ice sheets blowing off cars and trucks.
Next on the hit list is the office. I have 200+ pictures to take off the wall so I can start to put up my next project. Which group of prints to edit out is yet to be decided on. I believe that one will be the family wall I’ve wanted to do a refresh of. The other will be my Eastern Shore shots.
I can’t tell you how wonderful it feels to put in some time and effort into things I like to do. But I also like that paycheck so let me get to the job that pays the bills.
Disciplined is something I’m becoming more accustomed to because I’ve finally realized I can solve a few issues by using discipline. From simple things like taking my meds at the start of each day. (not an easy thing when your schedule changes like mine) All the way to a daily workout and doing the daily blog. I’m adding to my photo portfolio every day again.
I plan on adding many things. Which means I’ve got to think about giving up some things. And I think that might be a good change so here’s to a fresh start this spring.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- No matter your age or your position in life there is always a chance to do something great.
- You know if what is going on in Russia with the propaganda and lies doesn’t teach Americans how important the truth is, nothing will.
- My thoughts of fighting inflation. Travel less, eat less, cut down on entertainment and get outside. Turn the heat down or not use the A/C. But I’m in a position to do most of that where some aren’t so I do sympatize.
- There were a lot of jobs that were a lot more respected before we all started getting nasty with each other. Teachers, doctors, nurses, police, elected local officials or public servants of all types. Maybe we should start to work together instead of threatening each other.
- Well we know what to expect if we ever go to war with Russia. And that is what war really is, a fight to the death.