That is where I’m living now, in my own little world. Always have been but ventured out of it too far now and then but I’m back. And I kind of like it here. Less turmoil and conflict. Lonely certainly, but peaceful. And I’m learning to be happy in it. Inside my world, I’m the judge of myself. And that leaves me feeling better about myself than leaving it to others.
For the next few weeks, I’ll escape to the world of college basketball and some family celebrations and increased work at the job that pays the bills. The home chores will multiply quickly with the outdoor work being added. Pressures will continue to increase. All the normal life stuff.
So I’m regaining control of what I can and finding happiness inside before I venture out again.
Stopped by Danial’s area of Howard County on the way home after some bloodwork. Just to listen to the water and sounds of the woods starting to emerge. Saw a young couple who seemed in a hurry to get into the woods which gave me a good chuckle. People riding bikes and ducks bathing themselves.
6 years ago I had to make a decision. Do I buy a Dodge Challenger or a Mazda Miata? It was either horsepower or convertible sportster. I went with the Miata. And I have loved it every day. But there have been times when I’ve rolled up next to a Challenger and loved the sound, styling, colors, and HORSEPOWER they have.
And one rolled up on me last week and it was nice. But I had the top down and heard him take it very easy off the line and thinking I’d be keeping my foot out of it also. And with gas prices that 37 mpg I get is pretty nice that it doesn’t break the bank to take a cruise. And cruise I will in the near future with the warm weather on the way.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- The mind and body are out of sync today. When one feels good the other isn’t cooperating.
- It’s jelly bean season. I have to moderate though, I have a dentist appointment next week.
- Also the antisipation of GREEN. The days ahead where everything goes green. No I’m not talking St Patricks day. I’m talking Mother Natures return.
- These experts and prognosticators with the bracket picks seem so confident. I wish they would photograph these guys after their brackets get busted. Maybe a little humble pie on the air?
- Photos and videos provide a lot of truth to reality. But then you have Comrade Carlson with his reality. And just like in Russia, people will discount the first one.