I started to write a post and got a good way through it about having to work holidays before I stopped myself and said today is not a day to complain. Maybe tomorrow but not today. There is a roof over my head, my stomach is full, and we have our health. It’s a day to honor people who sacrificed everything.
Indications are I’m overdue for some vacation time so I think that is an excellent way to balance out working a holiday weekend, so the request goes in tonight for a week in June. I’m going to do my best with a very busy summer ahead as the family expands.
So till tomorrow, be well and safe.
Random Thoughts for the Day
- The burgers today tasted special.
- I’m ready for the heat tomorrow. I have a convertible and I’m not afraid to use it.
- One of the toughest decisions of the week is where do we want to eat out at.
- If you make it to your senior years going to the doctor’s for tests feels like playing Russian Roulette.
- Tomorrow isn’t a holiday so I’ll get to work on a real blog post.