I spent some of the day, decorating the trees. I love seeing the ornaments that we kept that used to be on our parent’s trees. Old ornaments bring a degree of comfort and memories rushing back. Most good, some difficult but don’t we all have that? But hanging ornaments is always a joy and a job I love.
Securing decorations in preparation for 40 mph winds wasn’t on the agenda but had to be added to the day’s list.
Lately, my days seem so filled with the contrast of good and bad recently. And usually on the same day which is kind of strange but it does give me some balance at least. I just wish the swings weren’t that drastic. I have some work ahead to do on minimizing the bad parts which have taken a sudden increase of late.
I’m excited to spend some time with friends today and I’m so looking forward to family time on Sunday. And while Sunday night will start the work week I’ll try to blunt the impact of that thought till the time rolls around.
My early warning detection system is firing off. Wanting to sleep when not tired is a true indication of trouble. I got to fix a few things because that signals depression.
I’ll be missing watching out granddaughter tomorrow. But that does leave a free day to accomplish a multitude of things. Maybe that temp drop will create some interesting opportunities for images.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- It would be nice if evil people would take a day off.
- As my mom always reminded me there are a LOT of people far worse off than you so don’t complain. And regardless of any situation I’ve faced in my increasing number of decades, that has always been true. Didn’t feel like it sometimes after surgeries but it was still very true.
- Put things in their right place. Spend time with those that value you and do the things you love to do.
- Make the best of tough situations that are beyond your control. I’m learning it’s fun to make a game of it and that way you get to play along also even though the deck may seem stacked against you. And beating that house when the deck is stacked is even more fun.
- I believe it was Albert Einstein who said “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” I just never thought that I’d see that employed as a management style.
- Watch out for those in power, it’s most likely gone to their heads.
- Safe travels to all this weekend.