Moving beyond the chaos of life is difficult sometimes. At times it seems downright impossible. The stress that I see in others concerns me greatly. From strains in relationships, jobs, and friendships, people experiencing loss or health crises its there on the faces of many.
Sometimes that stress has been on my face. I’m finally getting better at dealing with it. There are still times it feels overwhelming. It seems to come around just as often but I don’t allow it to take root most of the time.
Still, no word on whether the job will be continuing or not. Going on the assumption all is well and if not then deal with it when the time comes. It’s the weekend and I’m trying to separate the two better so off to more wonderous adventures. So pour some sugar on me.
Today was a special day. Had one grandchild at the home all day and the other one on Facetime for a bit. The love of a young child is something that I wish could touch everyone’s heart. There would be a lot less hate in the world. I’m still replaying in my mind tonight her running to me without any prompting and hugging me so strongly and giving a quick kiss followed by “I love you, Papa.” She did that a few times today and was a joy to be with.
I took some pictures of her and showed her how I get them to the computer and then made some prints for her. She loved that the printer shook a bit on each print. And then when they came out I showed her how to pick them up by the edges and she would look at each one intently. She took a small pile of prints home to show Mommy. Along with a seashell and some decorative stones I had.
Next week I’ll do a video or two with her. That’s if we can fit it in between all the games and coloring and chasing and scaring each other. Oh yeah, we each have to open the fridge several times a day to see what Gamma has got us. And we can’t forget the dancing with her standing on my feet.
Seeing the wonder in their eyes is priceless. Now it’s time for me to practice and see if I can capture some of that youthful wonder in my own eyes. May you all have a priceless day.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I think it’s time for an early morning shoot tomorrow.
- Pizza is its own food group.
- Appreciate the small things. Holding someone’s hand. A laugh with a friend. Your car starting without issues.
- One of our neighbors has turned the only road in and out of the neighborhood into a mud pit. Thank you very little.
- Taking down Xmas lights is depressing. Not the work doing it, just missing the joy they provided for a few weeks.
- Every once in a while an old song will bring a tear to my eye. “Wish you were here” is one of those songs.