The question from Bloganuary today was “What Language do you wish you could speak” it made me think more about communication in general because no matter what language you speak it’s important to communicate respectfully. I thought about learning another language in retirement to keep sharp and broaden my knowledge. Only time will tell but I would probably start with Spanish.
Some will probably tell me I should work on perfecting my English first but none of us are perfect so I won’t let that impede me. Like a lot of Americans, I haven’t taken the time nor had the need growing up to learn another language. When I went to school I think it was called an elective. I went more in the art direction instead of language.
If you know how to smile you can cross a lot of language barriers.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- If you do your best while not feeling your best you will be pleasantly satisfied when you do feel better.
- Today’s cold and wind reminded me of why it’s my least favorite season.
- I had a great meal today with my better half. Which reminds me to make another donation to the Maryland Food Bank.
- It seems like a lot of people close to me are hurting badly now. Time to step up support efforts again.
- Tomorrow a video of inhumanity is scheduled to air here in the states. Just one of many that occur each and every day. If each of us does our part we can change this and make it the exception instead of the rule.