What are the pros and cons of procrastination, today’s Bloganuary ask? Well, one of the pros is there has always been a tomorrow so far. The only other pro I could consider is that maybe the next day you realize that the priority you thought you had yesterday isn’t really one at all and the put-off item can be trashed altogether.
The cons are so many to list because if you keep in mind that there might not be a tomorrow. And once you realize that you will start living each day to the fullest. I try to think about what contribution I might make that could make a difference if never done. Or the creative thought and execution of a piece of art for a family member or friend. Or the words and actions of support for a friend.
I’ve been a procrastinator for longer than I’d like to admit. I’m trying a bit now to make up for the lost time. But I’ve also told myself to be happy and just get on with each day now instead of beating myself up for past laziness. I can’t say it doesn’t eat at me because it does but as they say, better late than never so I’m trying to be those things I’ve always wanted now.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I have a tremendous amount of respect for people who do the job right and disdain for those who don’t.
- One thing I always enjoyed about working nights when I would get off at 3 or 4 am in the morning. Streets were empty and you could see and experience some of the real design and beauty of the roads in this area without a gazillion idiots that want to ruin the experience.
- We have to remember that just because the world looks littered with very bad people that a vast majority are really good people.
- I think the cover comes off the car tomorrow and I’ll get out in some of those 50-degree temps before winter returns next week.
- The older you get the less you take feeling good for granted.
January 28, 2023 at 6:23 AM
I am a procrastinator, I will try to change, but not today, there are so many things I have to think about.
January 28, 2023 at 8:09 AM