Go ahead, grab it. Yep, the opportunities of a new day. I was going for a cruise but a bad local accident snarled roadways in the area today so I put that on hold.
And I stayed my behind at home and did some maintenance. Worked on my deck and unloaded some of the furniture from the shed, and started to pick up the pruning mother nature did with those high winds the last few weeks. I’m not sure if there are more branches on the tree or laying on my roof.
It felt like the first day of the outdoor season. The season of physicality. The grass is starting to green up a bit. Some trees have buds on them. Soon an explosion of pollen.
As the last bit of blue sky is hidden behind the clouds, I withdraw into the home as the rains come later tonight. The cover is on the car. The tools are back inside.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I’m thinking about the accident today and the 6 highway construction workers who lost their lives. It upset me because I see so many near accidents each time I go out. People running lights, changing lanes without looking, and egregious speed. It’s amazing we don’t have more carnage on the highways. And nothing seems to slow us down, take less risk or stop being so entitled. 6 families won’t have a loved one coming home tonight. And for what, maybe someone wanted to be home 5 minutes earlier than the next guy?
- I was coming home Monday on this same stretch of road and saw a tractor-trailer and a car decide to play bumper car/truck and luckily just pull over together with some substantial damage on the car.
- As I sit here with a sore back, at least partially due to a serious auto accident where a jackass wasn’t paying attention and rear-ended me at 60mph I’m glad I don’t deal with the major highways on a daily basis anymore. But I do fear for my family and friends who do.
- I’m beginning to wonder if there is a line anymore when enough carnage on the roadways will be enough. Or when will the violence with guns at our malls, churches, and schools change anything? The bar just keeps moving away as the numbers increase. Are we desensitized to it? Do we just not care till it affects someone we know?
- I guess I’m just tired. Last night of the workweek, Sorry for the negative thoughts. I’ll get on a positive soapbox tomorrow.