The National Park Service says March 22 – 25 for peak blooms along the Tidal Basin.
I feel like blooming early just like the Cherry blossoms. I didn’t make it this year but next year is a pretty sure bet. I’m going to finally see D.C. like a tourist instead of a worker.
Today was another day where I didn’t follow through with the planned shooting but trying to squeeze in a few frames this evening. Also, read up on etching stones. I’ve also got some more reading for a book my daughter got me on photography. I did manage to flush out a few more ideas and got my new brushes out and found the watercolor paper. Next, I have to see if some older paints are any good.
Even on days, I don’t feel particularly productive, I am.
Get doing what you want to do and you won’t have many regrets. Well at least from that point on. Few people are lucky enough to do what they love all their lives or be with the ones they love all their lives. So most of us will have regrets about something in the end. But man do I want to be smiling and pleased with my effort.
Therefore I tell my loved ones that I love them each day or as often as possible.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Gave my infant grandson his first Maryland gear this season. I hope he finds the passion and joy I have had following that University and its students and that my son seems to have developed also. Hey, I might have started a family tradition. What the hell, something to add to my accomplishment list.
- I look at pictures of my better half above my desk when we first met and remember that youthful love and how strong it was for me. And I go upstairs and look at her resting because she is under the weather and that love a long time ago seems so little in comparison to what I feel now.
- I feel bad I haven’t been reading others’ blogs as much this past week or two. Think I’ll try to catch up a bit in the next few evenings.
- It really bums me out when I see 3 days of rain forecast on my 3 days off.
- I can’t stop worrying about some very important people to me.