Soaring through the weekend and into the workweek later today. In some ways they are starting to blend for I’m no longer years away from retirement we are measuring in months now if all goes well.
I still give the job and honest days work but my heart and mind are on my hopes and desires in retirement. Time to develop my crafts, time to read, time to play or relax, time to sleep if I choose, time to exercise and improve my mental health, and many other things that just fall by the wayside with the blizzard of work that the job that pays the bills expects.
I started to get out of the high-pressure work about 9 years ago when I went to a position where I wasn’t on-call anymore. Well, for the most part, I still get an occasional call but nothing like past years where I couldn’t be more than a few minutes from my computer. I also cut my hours way back. From the weeks of 60-70 hours to an under 50 average.
I still find work challenging and take pride in it. Otherwise, I’d probably go insane if it were anything else. I have a project or two that keeps me busy in between the other emergencies, issues, and tasks of the night. So I’ll finish strong and then move on to greener pastures. With a touch of grey in the beard.
In Maryland We Are
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I think I’ll grill out today.
- Soon as I publish a post, I start a new one.
- I love this time of year when the sun is in the sky the longest.
- As I work this coming Monday holiday I revel in the thought that it’s not going to be my problem in the future.
- I wonder if my back is up to moving and splitting a cord of wood.