I still like my treats. After a nice sunny ride with my better half yesterday, we pulled into Soft Stuff in Forest Green for an ice cream. I decided to stick with the holiday colors of the season. I got an orange/vanilla twist with chocolate sprinkles. My better half got the same ice cream with rainbow sprinkles. They both were scary GOOD.
Around town yesterday
Like I said, we took a drive. And I hope to take another one today. Maybe a little more focused on an area. These are mainly along Frederick and Old Frederick Roads.
Photos by Mike Hartley
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Feeling good about the progress on the family wall of pictures I’m working on.
- Do you ever have something on your mind that kind of makes everything else secondary?
- I’m wondering if this is the last time I’ll need to cut the lawn this year.
- The printer is getting a workout and that feels great.
- I’m not sure if I should feel worse for the people in Maine who were wounded or killed or all the people the day before that didn’t make the news that were shot and died. Or maybe the day before that. Should I feel different because of a number? Should I feel outraged it’s just become the norm or am I resigned where maybe half or more don’t want gun legislation or money for mental health or many other legitimate needs that have to address violence? I do know it caused me to pause again.