I wish I got more sleep this morning. I wish I felt better. I wish I never had cancer. I wish I don’t have more cancer in the future. I wish that my children never get cancer. I wish that summer would never end. I wish that people weren’t so polarized. I wish that everyone had enough to eat. I wish that all animals had a good home and were treated well. I wish people could appreciate the job that caregivers do. I wish that I never forget what is important in life.
And as the caption says below. I can hear this bird saying “I wish someone would remove this sign.”
OK, I’ve been putting this off for a while, mainly because I don’t care to carry a tripod around with me (yes I’m lazy sometimes) but tonight I’m going to start doing some night photography. I hope to use it to illustrate a book I hope to write called “The Nocturnal Ones.” I don’t have a great start on it yet but maybe some of the photos will trigger the words to flow again.
It’s a good thing I make a list. I was feeling a little creative (low-level warning) till I went and looked at my photo idea list. Now I’m inspired again for the coming weekend of shooting between the family time and chores.
You know, I’ve been meaning to comment on something here. Of course this is from a limited personal sampling of my own cruising of blogs, but is using a caption and photo credit on an images becoming a lost art? To me blending the perfect words with an image is magic. I remember back when I managed a group of photographers that they were very vested in captions. They would write them for every image they made. Sometimes some heated conversations would ensue if they had been changed or were done wrong. A good bit of the time they would post a funny or controversial image on the wall in our area and everyone would take shots at writing the best caption. Now some of that stuff I should have saved because it was funny as hell. Certainly not politically correct. If I’m not mistaken one of them runs a caption contest in Facebook that has become quite popular. And maybe I’m old school (newspapers) with the photo credit but that has always been something that I will stick to if its my work or someone else’s.
Well, back to the job that pays the bills for a while till I’m released from those bonds to create again. Its feeling good to post again each day with a bit of content. Time will tell if I can keep it up and increase the quality and volume. If so I’ll be having fun.
Random Thoughts for Wednesday July 22nd 2015
- If I could look at each day, as I do the day that starts the weekend, I’d be a pretty happy guy.
- Manuals make good kindling.
- I have a whole month without a doctor’s appointment.
- There is no greater joy in my life than living today. Well other than seeing tomorrow.
- It’s a good thing I’m a photographer. I’ve been able to completely cover the wall where the dartboard used to hang and all the holes in the wall. Actually we were pretty good at darts till we entered comedy and verbal assaults into the game by trying to make people laugh when its their turn. Must have worked because there were lots of errant throws.
- May you find something or someone to make you laugh today.