Every once in a while I get to missing my parents. Well its more than every once in a while. I have so many photos and memento’s to remind me of them. I wonder what they would think and say to me now. Especially my Dad because he passed so young. But that doesn’t minimize how much my Mom did or what she meant to me.
Luckily for me I’m surrounded by love of my parents in-law. My own family and extended family and friends. Some of which I consider brothers. But there is no substitute for your own parents when they have done well for you. And I don’t mean financially. For that was never a hallmark of our family.
But they did give me the important stuff in the values, tools, ethics and drive to make something of myself. They taught me respect. They taught me about loss. They taught me about laughter. They taught me or allowed me to find something I loved to do by doing other things and not being as successful. But at the same time gave me equal encouragement that I could do anything.
So I hope they were sitting there along the lake with me that morning, enjoying the view through the mist. And thanks again Mom and Dad, for all you gave me.
Random Thoughts for Saturday October 31st 2015
- Not off to the best start are the Lakers. On the other hand my local team the Wizards are off to a 2-0 start. Ah, the NBA in action again. Life is good. Once college ball gets cranked up we are in nirvana. Except for the cold temps.
- I love doing this blog but it is time-consuming at times. But its a priority in my life right now and hopefully will be for some time.
- Learning to relax is an art. I’m not good at it.
- I must make some visible progress in my office. Now where is that trash can.
- I see the sun out. Therefore I must exit the office. I can clean it later. There are photographs to be taken and ice cream to be eaten and snowballs for the winter to be purchased. Oh yeah, some raking and outside maintenance to finish the day.
October 31, 2015 at 7:24 PM
Lovely tribute to your parents
October 31, 2015 at 11:59 PM