Despite the cloudy start yesterday, mother nature was out in force. So I grabbed a frame or two of some of my free-loading neighbors. Then again they don’t abide by land ownership laws. So were both sharing this space which is cool. Rather be a peace with nature than destroying it and myself. And I get a lot of mother nature living next to the woods which is just the way I want it. I’ve been blessed with a back kitchen window that looks out into woods for most of my life. It’s a wonderful thing in both stressful and relaxed times.
I can’t believe I missed that opportunity Wednesday night to shoot that fog that was created by those warm winds and melting snow pack, but I just wasn’t physically able to pull it off. That was some fog and would have provided an interesting view of things. I’ll hope to be ready for the next event. Which is really every day.
Just like I missed the fox in my back yard. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve had my phone in my pocket and go running for a camera and miss a shot. I never think of my phone as a camera and have not utilized it at all as a tool but when I see some of the work being displayed by these devices it’s fairly good. I’ll have to give it a try soon.
S is for Squirrel. They are everywhere. No problem most of the time. Pretty good camouflage except for the big sideways S under him.
Wow, the month January blew by quickly to start the year and this is a short one we’re in now. Got to make better use of February and work harder at a few things. So lets see what I can produce this weekend. Been inspired by some of the work of other bloggers in both writing and images.
You know I just realized one of my major flaws in photographing. (among many) Then again it could be a strength. I still shoot like I’ve got film in the camera. And I don’t shoot with film anymore. I do have to learn to utilize the ability to shoot more in situations where its warranted.
Random Thoughts for Thursday February 4th 2016
- Photographs should surround you in your home and office, not just online. You’d be surprised how much more you see them and smile looking at them. As well as others who visit.
- I’m having trouble not second guessing decisions I’ve made over the last 7-8 months.
- Wow, kind of a rebirth of creative energy tonight.
- I was thinking, whoops sorry about that again.
- I need insurance from my insurance.
- The manual, what’s a manual, we don’t need no stinking manual.
- I was excited to have off Thursday and I was finally feeling a bit better and I thought about going out. Then thankfully I remembered it was winter and stayed inside.
- Matthew’s 1600 on Frederick Road is a fine place to eat.