Yeah, its time for this snow pack to be gone. Was hoping it would be mush by midweek but that was too much snow to go regardless of the temps we had. It’s nice to see the ground again in spots. But I wake this morning after a few days hiatus from the news of doom and gloom only to find the forecast for more white stuff. Such is life, it is winter.
I titled this post “Release Me” when I first looked at this photo I shot recently. But as usual it made me think about life and some choices I have to make soon. It’s time for a new car in the family. Well not really a family car this time, one for ME. I’ve run the gamete of desires and practical reality. On the desires end is something that I have never done for myself. Well I did buy a new motorcycle once for $4,200 but that was 3 decades ago and the only time I’ve lavished much of anything for myself. Not anywhere near the sum of cash/horsepower I’m looking at now. I’ve thought about it many times throughout my life and I always considered it selfish to do before this time. To spend more on a vehicle than necessary for the joy of driving. I’ve also looked at a toned down version of my desires. I’ve also considered just getting a beater car for the DC commute. Would be fun to play chicken with the Mercedes and Jags that feel the need to be ahead of everyone.
I have no idea what I’m actually going to do. This might be the last car I get. But regardless of the decision, I’ll be happy and at ease with it no matter if I go all in or just get something practical and put the money to enjoying other things. Because I have released myself from guilt about whatever call I make on this one.
So it looks like another cloudy stretch of days. I was excited when I saw a hint of sun hitting high clouds this morning but that changed to cloud cover. I know the sun is up there. I guess you just have to get up high enough. So I found this old shot from I believe the early 80’s on film for the sun shot of the day.
Random Thoughts for Sunday February 7th 2016
- Its game day. Or is it commercial day? Or is it feast day? Or the day before the hangover? Or are you working game day? Whatever the case, enjoy another marketing marvel.
- This past week has made me think I’m paying for some past transgressions at times.
- Being the number of chores outweighs the number of available minutes in the day I call for the only response. Inaction and football watching.
- Another fruitful weekend and can’t wait till the next one. I’m going to have to figure out how to fit more of them in a year.
- A Spring fishing trip is on the calendar and booked. Ain’t life great.
- I find myself wondering if those around me are happy all the time.