The sun is out and I will be also shortly. I’m either going to fill up a memory card or expend a few batteries today on the photo equipment in hopes of getting some good work to display and learn a few things as I practice. Today I’m not going to use the auto-focus. For us old people with failing eyesight auto-focus is sometimes a savior. But I’m finding more often I get caught the spot of focus not being what I want when the shot appears. I’ve missed shots flipping back and forth. So today I think I’ll go back to old school and keep my fingers on that focus ring.
I love living in Central Maryland. So many destinations to choose from and all a short drive away. I slept in this morning and missed the balloon launch at Turf Valley for the Preakness celebration. Not mad about that at all because I spent a late night with one of my best friends the night before. Time very well spent.
Random Thoughts for Friday morning May 20th 2016
- How did it get to be May 20th already?
- When you answer the door and father time is standing there it’s not going to be a good day.
- Staying in touch often makes family and friendships stronger.
- My goal today is to feel as good or better at the end of the day as I do now. Now keep in mind, that is a lofty goal.
- This will be known as the summer of the mosquitoes.
- You know when you get an email or text or call from your children, it’s a great day. Seeing them is a glorious day. This is true if your children are at home or out on their own.
- I got to get away from this computer so I can go take photos that I then will rush back to the computer to edit. It’s a vicious cycle and I like it.