I was outside looking over my yard and home earlier. I’m very proud to be a homeowner but what is that really. Yeah, it might stay in the family after I’m gone but it will most likely be sold at some point. So am I just renting on a long term basis? I never think of that or look at it like that because my home is special to me just like each is to most people. My home feels like me. My home is where my base is. There is an emotional attachment to it because I’ve raised a family here and it has and triggers many memories for me.
Like the Motley Crue song titled “Home Sweet Home” it seems like the journey home is always a good one. I still cruise by the home I grew up in once in a while. I love it when my kids come home and go to check the rooms they grew up in. It’s good to take pride in the way your home looks, inside and out.
Let’s see, what did I do to make the world a better place today. Well, I’m trying to shorten the length of my showers. I shortened the use of the A/C today. I might walk to the snowball stand instead of driving. I let some family and friends know that I love them. I got a little rest so I don’t have a bad attitude. I put in an honest days work. I smiled and laughed. I remembered and dreamed. I love the weather and absorbed that warm sun. It was a great day to be alive.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I’m starting not to answer my home phone because of all the telemarketing calls.
- I think part of the plan of these cable providers is that they get the customer to do a majority of the work and troubleshooting. Not to the benefit of the customer, but to their own bottom line.
- I’m so glad I’m no longer a slave to my job. I’m a slave to my crafts though and I love it.
- People can do great things when they work together.
- Music is a great motivator, just find your songs.