I love a day when there is a little flexibility in it for some of my hobbies. I won’t be surfing today but I will be cruising a bit in the convertible and hopefully catching some new images in the home county.
But first a cruise on my mower for a few hours and some other chores before we can start the real fun.
When you’re on vacation is it weird to fantasize about your next vacation? Not that I waste much time in thought about it but it does cross my mind. Actually, I’m thinking about next summer’s family vacation. It’s time to try a new and larger place, as the family has expanded.
I love the time off from the job that pays the bills, I’m not exhausted, I’m relaxed, I feel creative, and have time to work on some of my interests. Time to call and see friends. Or maybe a nap if I choose.
And one of the things I can’t do when working much is grilling out, feast like a king, lay back, and enjoy the meal. I can do it but enjoying it isn’t as easy when you have to start work after dinner. So it’s a fire up the grill day today being there is no work tonight.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I can’t believe the number of leaves that are down already. Seemed like a fairly dry August here.
- Music is the prescription for my smile today.
- I feel part of my life has been spent playing pack mule.
- I’m surprised nobody has tried to patent the sound a fresh Coke bottle makes when it’s opened.
- The Beatles were right “All you need is Love”